Here are the annual events our club members enjoy during the year:
- Outdoor Flying Sessions — Starting in April and ending in September
- Indoor Flying events — Starting in October and ending in April
- Annual Picnic (late summer) — Date to be announced
- Marion Annual Spring Contest Sponsored by our sister club WHAM (Wichita Historic Aircraft Modelers) club HAFFA — Sept. 30, 2017 / Oct. 1, 2017
- Marion Annual Fall Contest Sponsored by our club HAFFA (Heart of America Free Flight Association) — Sept. 30, 2017 / Oct. 1, 2017
- Open Hanger Days — Commemorative Air Force Heart of America Wing — First Saturday of each month — April 1, May 6, June 3, July 1, Aug. 5, Sept 2. (HAFFA has a Display table set up to greet the public and to get the word out for HAFFA and CAF.
- Building Model Aircraft Program at Ozanam School, Kansas City, for boys and girls. Program has been in exsistance since the mid 1990’s to help kids learn to build model aircraft. As a bonus our club HAFFA is allowed to fly our indoor models in the Ozanam Gymnasium twice a month during the winter. In building the models the kids learn skills they wouldn’t normally receive and build confidence in the process.
Perfect wind conditions for Jack Vetter’s Nesmith Cougar flight. Photo taken in 2017. The Annual Picnic for this year will be tentatively scheduled for the third Sunday in September, Sept. 23rd, 2018. It will again be held at Suman Saripalli’s Carmel Farm in Perry KS, near Lawrence, KS. This is about 20 minutes northwest of … Continue reading Annual Picnic set for September 23rd, 2018
Indoor Flying Sessions Location: Osawatomie Auditorium, 439 Main St., Osawatomie, KS (See below for Google Map) Note that Osawatomie City Auditorium use is at the discretion of the City officials for these dates and times. Two remaining sessions remaining for 2018: Saturday March 3rd — Indoor Flying Session — 8:30 am to 3:00 pm Saturday April … Continue reading Indoor Flying Sessions